Proceed to your first login and set your profile. Learn how to customize your account step by step.
A complete video to teach you how to import your projects and 3D models directly into your back office. After that, all you have to do is access your projects directly in your Urbasee application and enjoy augmented reality and virtual reality.
Watch the video to learn how to create viewer accounts. Simply share your projects with your customers, and set up their access in just a few clicks!
Learn more about the features of your application. Handle your 3D project, manage your models, share them with your customers… Watch the comprehensive video and become an expert.
Wherever you are, visualize your 3D model in augmented reality. Your project is directly integrated into the real environment, in real size or small size. Learn how to use this feature.
URBASEE is compatible with iOS Apple as well as Android devices.
iOS Apple devices must be equipped with a A9, A10, A11 or A12 chip:
- Smartphones: iPhone SE, 6s plus, 6s, 7 plus, 7, X, 8 plus, 8, X, XR, XS, XS Max
- Tablets: iPad pro (12.9-inch) wi-fi, iPad pro (12.9-inch) wi-fi + cellular, iPad pro (9.7-inch) wi-fi, iPad pro (9.7-inch) wi-fi + cellular, iPad pro (12.9-inch) 2nd generation wi-fi, iPad pro (12.9-inch) 2nd generation wi-fi + cellular, iPad pro (10.5-inch) wi-fi, iPad pro (10.5-inch) wi-fi + cellular, iPad (5th and 6th generation) wi-fi, iPad (5th generation) wi-fi + cellular
The following Android devices are compatible with Urbasee:
- Asus : Zenone AR, Zenfone ARES
- Google : Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel, Piwel XL, Pixel 2 XL
- HDM global : Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia 8 sirocco, Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8
- Huawei : P20, P20 pro, Mates RS porsche design, Honor 10, nova 3, nova 3i, Mate 20 Lite
- LG : G6, G7 ThinQ, V30, V30+, V30+ JOJO, V35 ThinQ
- Motorola : Moto G6 plus, Moto Z2 Force, Moto G5S Plus, Moto G6, Moto X4, Moto Z3, Moto Z3 Play
- Oneplus : Oneplus 3T, Oneplus 5, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6
- Samsung : Galaxy A5 (2017), Galaxy A7 (2017), Galaxy A8 (2018), Galaxy A8 plus (2018), Galaxy note 8, Galaxy s7, Galaxy s7 edge, Galaxy s8, Galaxy s8+, Galaxy s9, Galaxy s9+, Galaxy A6 (2018), Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Tab S4
- Sony : Xperia XZ premium, Xperia XZ1, Xperia XZ1 compact, Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact, Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Vivo : NEX A, NEX S
- Xiaomi : Mi Mix 2S, Mi 8, Mi 8 SE, Pocophone F1
When using your smartphone, if you don’t see the Urbasee application on the Google Play store, it means that your device is not compatible.
The URBASEE domain name may be considered as spam by your spam filter. Verify the spam folder of mailbox and add urbasee.com domain to your trusted domains. If needed, contact your network administrator.
The files in the following formats are accepted: ‘.DAE’, ‘.3DS’, ‘.OBJ’, ‘.FBX’, ‘.BLEND’, ‘.IFC’, .KMZ’ and ‘WRL’. To upload the associated textures, simply put the file and its textures in a ZIP file and upload it to your URBASEE internet workspace.
The maximum recommended size is 100MB. Please bear in mind that your file has to be processed in order to be compatible with the mobile application that does not have the power of a computer.
My file size is less than 100MB but is rejected by the URBASEE platform /or the processing time is more than 1h. What should I do?
The URBASEE workspace processes your 3D file in order to make it compatible with the mobile application. Processing time depends on the complexity of your 3D model. Keep in mind that your 3D file must be visualized on a mobile telephone or tablet. These devices do not have the power of a computer. Therefore, you must adapt your 3D model for real-time 3D (see the following question for the list of optimizations).
To make sure that the project can be correctly uploaded and smoothly visualized, please respect the following recommendations:
- 1,000,000 triangles (this number may vary according to the number of textures in the 3D file)
- Textures + 3D model <100 MB (a texture must not exceed 1024px*1024x)
- 100 materials
- 150 objects (it is also recommended to regroup as much objects as you can in your 3D scene)
Other modelling parameters can impede the upload even though you respect limitations. In this case, please contact us through our contact form.
You have to exclusively use triangles and/or quadrilaterals and make sure that all the summits of your model are linked.
Make sure that you uploaded textured 3D models and not 3D models with simple colors.
It is a problem of “inverted faces”. The triangles are there, but they are oriented in the wrong way. Verify the export settings of your software and if necessary, re-orient the faces.
If you are using Sketchup to create your 3D models, we advise you to export them in ‘.COLLADA’, ‘.DAE’ or ‘.KMZ’ format before uploading your project in URBASEE. We also recommend to use the following export options (see figures below):
The ‘.DAE’ file can be directly uploaded to the URBASEE workspace. Don’t forget to attach the associated textures.
IMPORTANT : THE 3D MODELS MUST BE Z-UP ORIENTED.
To add a project to your list, you have to upload your 3D model beforehand in your workspace and wait for it to be processed.
Then you just need to connect to the mobile application, click the “Synchronize” button and activate the model to display it in your project list.
Yes, it does.
The application needs to be connected to the URBASEE servers in order to download your 3D data to your smartphone or tablet.
However, if you plan to go on a site without sufficient network coverage, use the cache mode to download your data on your mobile device beforehand. You have to open and visualize your project on your device before going to the site. When reopening the application offline, you can choose to use the data in the cache.
The cache mode is an icon available on every project imported on your application from the workspace.
You have to tick the box next to each 3D model in order to visualize it when using your application offline or on a site with poor network coverage.
Open a project in your application. With the camera of your smartphone or tablet, aim at the floor and make slow circular movements. Your project will appear in augmented reality on the detected surface. Some surfaces may be detected faster than other, depending on the brigthness of the room/place.
In order to see your 3D model in real scale, start by displaying it in augmented reality. Then, click the “+1” button in the menu at the bottom of your screen. The model will appear in scale 1.
The augmented reality mode will not work (or not work well) in the following cases:
- grass-covered area with wind
- at night
- on single-colored ground
- if there are reflections on the ground
- on a water surface